Back To Business
Wednesday, April 14, 2010 | Author: eventer79
I have been remiss, wanderers, but I have not forgotten you.  However, spring is here and with it comes the increased demands of field work.  I shall be back with more posts for you, I promise, but in the meantime, several action items to keep you busy:

Sign the petition asking Discovery Networks not to run a travesty of a show called "Sarah Palin's Alaska."  Defenders of Wildlife is only 9,000 signatures away from its goal of 200,000.  Nothing about Palin's death wish for wildlife belongs on a channel that is SUPPOSED to educate the public about conservation and the miracle of the natural world.  Her Alaska would be one devoid of native ecosystems and covered in oil wells -- no place I'd like to visit!

Do not spend a single dollar of your money at the major outdoor retailer, Cabela's.  They have decided to be a corporate sponsor for grey wolf-killing derbies in the northern Rockies.  No company that supports misinformed and propaganda-fueled slaughter should be allowed to profit.  You can read past posts on wolves and their plight and their role as scapegoats of the west here.    

This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2010 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

On April 14, 2010 at 10:31 AM , lifeshighway said...

I have much remorse for Cabela's decision. My father is a big fan of that sporting goods company. No more Christmas purchases from them!

 
On April 14, 2010 at 10:35 AM , Wolfie said...

We recently had a coyote killing contest where I am in Canada and the prize was...a rifle! Makes me crazy. I have been very vocal locally about learning to live with wildlife. It's often frustrating. But I am starting to see a change for the positive. Education is key.

 
On April 14, 2010 at 11:53 AM , Frizzle said...

I already signed the petition and I have got my fingers crossed that they will get many, many more. The idea of someone like SP doing a show about wildlife is preposterous.
Did you see the latest Tina Fey skit? It's another parody of SP, only this time she is announcing the launch of her own TV channel, which features shows like "Man in A Helicopter with An Assault Rifle Vs. Wild."

 
On April 14, 2010 at 4:18 PM , eventer79 said...

Ack, wolfie, that is awful! Coyotes and wolves get blamed for so much that is not their fault and is often the work of stray or feral dogs.

Frizz, I have not seen that one yet, I can't wait -- I hate those "Man vs. Wild" type shows -- "Hey, let me kill wildlife for no reason other than because I am an attention whore!!"