Debut
Wednesday, January 07, 2009 | Author: eventer79
Blogs are strange and interesting things. I still wonder who the hell would want to read whatever is on my mind. But there is so much that I want to write about, I figure at the very least it will amuse me. So there it is -- I don't really care if you agree with me, but at the same time, I do hope that you can read with an open mind and maybe, if I'm really lucky, consider yourself informed and educated.

What do I envision for this blog? An exploration of topics related to conservation, the human relationship (or lack thereof, as the case may be) with the natural world, behaviour, environmental ethics, and whatever else is on my mind. This is not only the field within which I work, but my life's passion that resonates in every fiber in my being. It makes me swell with wonder and weep with helplessness, sometimes all at the same time -- a phenomenon both maddening and fulfilling. Additionally, conservation somehow became a "hot" topic within the last few years, which I am undyingly grateful for: they say that there is no such thing as bad publicity! But as a result, people are lost in a miasma of messages about "green" this and "ecofriendly" that and I don't think they are getting correct or, more importantly, complete information and I want to try to ameliorate some of that.

So, since the internet gives us the power to talk about whatever we want, whenever we want to, then I'm finally going to take advantage of that and throw my brain dribble out there to contribute to and hopefully enrich the boiling stew of facts and ideas already swirling around in the internet's giant toilet bowl. Feel free to suggest a topic if there is something you would like to know more about in the conservation genre and I'll happily take it under consideration. Ideally, I'd like to post once a week, but we shall see what happens realistically.

Until next time, wander on...
|
Share on: Facebook, Twitter
This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On January 8, 2009 at 11:12 AM , nccatnip said...

Welcome to blogging!!! Even though I need to update, I enjoy playing with mine!!! Where are you located in the Piedmont?

 
On January 9, 2009 at 5:19 PM , eventer79 said...

Thanks for stopping by, nccatnip! I do have fun thinking about things to write about. Let's just say I'm in central-ish region. For the sake of who-knows-what-kind of weirdos on the internet, I won't get more specific than that. ;-)