Spring is Springing Springily!
Monday, March 23, 2009 | Author: eventer79
I love spring and it is here and my pores are sucking in all that Vitamin D as fast as they are able. Goodbye drear winter days and grey landscape! The daffodills and the crocuses are up. My forsythia died, but my phlox, wax myrtle, magnolia, and verbena are coming back to live and already blooming! My salvia is growing new leaves and even the boxwoods in front of the house, whom I swear grow slower than molasses in January, are shooting out new, fresh green. Go bury your nose in a blossom and breathe that sweet spring air (don't snort any bugs though, they don't like it)! It always seems a season of celebration to me -- flora and fauna alike seem full of energy and a passion and joy for existence that gets lost over the winter months. As the sun grows stronger every day, it reminds me that even though things may look dark and dead, they are only hiding their resources deep within, just waiting for the chance to flourish when the time is right.
|
Share on: Facebook, Twitter
This entry was posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On March 26, 2009 at 3:40 PM , lifeshighway said...

Refreshing without scaring the bejesus out of me.