An Award??!
Thursday, February 11, 2010 | Author: eventer79

Wow, so WWWT has been humbled by the granting of the "Happy 101" award from the great new blog, Anything Fits A Naked Man (which I was relieved to discover had nothing to do with naked men). I am not sure this technically counts as an award for any particular type of excellence, but I certainly do appreciate being included on someone's list of noteworthiness! So thank you so much to AFANM and all of my, like, four readers!

Here's the rules:
Copy award pic and add to your post.
List 10 things that make you happy.
Tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day and notify them of their win.
Link back to the blogger who gave you the award in your post.
Link to the new award winners.

10 things that make me happy:

1. Looking at my horse. Petting him, breathing the scent of his neck, riding him, sharing a long gaze with him. He is peace, patience, generosity of spirit, courage, and freedom.

2. Walking in the woods and hearing nothing but birdsong and the rustle of leaves at my feet.

3. Watching animals eat. I don't know why this entrances me so, but there is something of fulfillment and contentment in watching a creature eat its meal and the many interesting behaviours that go along with it.

4. Really bad silly jokes. One of my favourites: Two muffins were sitting in an oven. One said to the other, "Man, is it just me or is it getting hot in here?" The other one turned and said, "OMG, TALKING MUFFIN!!!!"

5. Wildflowers. Random and exuberant splashes of colour, even in the most unexpected places.

6. The call of migrating cranes. Something about their high, wild warble always makes me smile. It's such a unique sound -- you can hear some sandhill crane calls here.

7. Bluebirds. I always smile at bluebirds too. I can't explain why, it's another gut feeling of happiness when I see them.

8. Really good music. I don't mean the kind you hear on the radio. I mean real MUSIC. The kind that composers make for movies and orchestras. Swelling crescendos that fill up your whole body.

9. Baby animals. So cliche, but so true. I can't see one, not even ugly babies like vultures or koalas, and NOT laugh with their joy and play.

10. A really good book that I can relish and mentally roll around in.

And ten blogs that give me great pleasure to read, in no particular order:
1. TNC's Cool Green Science
2. Along Life's Highway
3. The Mugwump Chronicles
4. The Literary Horse
5. I Is Roxie
6. Eventing Nation
7. Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
8. I Can Has Cheezburger
9. When Lillies Fly
10. National Geographic Blogs
|
Share on: Facebook, Twitter
This entry was posted on Thursday, February 11, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

On February 11, 2010 at 12:36 PM , lifeshighway said...

Is it ironic that I think this particular blog earned a happy award? Good for you! I am glad someone gave your blog a big gleeful nod.

Thank you for the mention. I am humbled to be listed with some giants.

Koalas have ugly babies?

 
On February 11, 2010 at 2:11 PM , eventer79 said...

There are happy things on here!! Flowers and spring and fun facts and cool people!

And yes, koala babies look like someone glued together parts from about five other animals.

 
On February 11, 2010 at 7:12 PM , Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

Wow! You and I are a LOT alike! I agree with absolutely EVERYTHING on your list! Thanks for sharing! And thanks for telling everyone my blog is not about being naked!!

Cheers! I just realized I didn't "follow" you yet, I will fix that immediately!!

Have a great weekend. Be Happy!!

 
On February 11, 2010 at 8:23 PM , eventer79 said...

Hahaha, thanks! I just wanted folks to know that they didn't have to be scared to click on your blog at work! :-)