Intermission
Wednesday, February 11, 2009 | Author: eventer79
Ok, ok, so I promised I would solve the world's parking lot problems in my next post but frankly, it is late and that is wayyyyyy to much like work for right now, so you'll just have to wait until my NEXT post to satisfy your undying curiosity. I know it will be hard to stem your enthusiasm until then, but do try, for both of our sakes.

In the meantime, I will drop a plug for my favourite society, both professionally and personally. The Society for Conservation Biology (SCB) is an international conservation organization that puts out a wealth of information and connects conservation scientists all over the world. I had the priveledge of attending and speaking at their annual conference last year and it was simply awe-inspiring. For a few brief days, I truly felt my place as a part of a global effort to protect all things bright and beautiful, as it were. I also felt a huge wave of relief and gratitude that there were so many compassionate, talented, and enthusiastic people giving their heart and soul even though they may never hear a single "thank you" from the masses. And that was enough to get me through another year in the trenches!

In addition to their professional journal, SCB also puts out a phenomenal magazine for broader public consumption. I highly, highly recommend it and can honestly say that I have never gotten through an issue without saying "Wow, no way!" at least once!!

(And yes, I DO steal topic ideas shamelessly from them, so deal with it!)

This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On February 16, 2009 at 8:40 PM , lifeshighway said...

I have never heard of this organization. Each time I read this blog I learn something new. Keep up the stream of info, we thank you.