Compassion in Unlikely Places
Thursday, May 14, 2009 | Author: eventer79
No good deed goes unnoticed. Today I was driving behind a semi down a two-lane rural highway. All of a sudden, semi swerves radically into the other lane traveling about 55 mph. I am perplexed and alarmed -- and then I see that he has swerved to avoid a fat groundhog dashing across the road to its burrow.

I doubt the driver will read this -- in fact, I'd be willing to BET he's not one of my four or five readers, LOL, but nonetheless:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

One tiny, oh-so-simple action of kindness when so many would have simply run the animal down brought tears to these weary eyes. It is heartbreaking that I see so little of this compassion and yet I am overflowing with joy that it does, in fact, still exist. Wherever you are, truck driver man (or chick), I think I love you.
This entry was posted on Thursday, May 14, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On May 14, 2009 at 10:15 PM , lifeshighway said...

There are kind hearts everywhere, even road weary truck drivers.

 
On May 15, 2009 at 4:05 PM , Belgian-Mom said...

Awww.....just so you know, I had to swerve to avoid hitting a turtle the other day going to the barn.

Why do I always seem to find turtles trying desparately to cross the road?

There's nothing on the other side turtle...nothing at all.

 
On May 15, 2009 at 4:14 PM , eventer79 said...

Good on you for swerving! I can't tell you how many times I've done screeching u-turns to go back and help the turtle only to have some ass-for-brains crunch it right when I get there. I now shamelessly use my truck to block traffic during rescues since I mostly travel on rural highways. Deal with it, passers by.