Who The Hell Knows What Day It Is Anyway?
Friday, May 08, 2009 | Author: eventer79
My calendar says today I'm supposed to be entertaining you with your Friday Fun Fact.

My brain says I'm supposed to be passed out sleeping for at least the next 14 hours.

Who to choose....?

It's spring. Things are green. The water is getting warmer. For me, it means the work truck is fired up and I am driving all over four very large watersheds searching for animals. Yes, it is Field Season. Spoken of with a mix of excitement and dread.

Excitement because it means visits to streams great and small, measuring and counting and tagging animals swimming and burrowing and crawling.

Dread because it means driving about 15,000 miles in 3.5 months and getting up at an hour in which it should not even be legal to exist.

But it's the life I chose and most of the time, the one that I love. So bear with me wanderers, as post frequency gets a little sporadic. I have plenty more to share with you, I just have to eat enough sugar to approximate the energy to type it up for you in the one or two evenings I can call my own over this already-over-scheduled season. Oh and I must find a couple of toothpicks to prop my eyelids open and then I will........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
|
Share on: Facebook, Twitter
This entry was posted on Friday, May 08, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On May 8, 2009 at 4:09 PM , lifeshighway said...

Field work is so glamorous.

I'll just sit here and wait, OK?