Dory Was A Liar
Friday, June 12, 2009 | Author: eventer79
Friday Fun Fact! I bet you've heard this "fact" before: goldfish have a memory span of only three seconds because their brains are very...oh, hi, did you have a question? I have a "fact" I bet you've heard before: goldfish have a memory span...

Ok, ok, I'll stop, but I don't care who you are, that there's FUNNY! BUT, it's also not true. Researchers at Plymouth University have in fact discovered that Dory's cousin, Goldie, can remember things as long as three months, tell time, feel pain when hooked, and recognize school-mates.

Moral: be kind to your goldfish. Because he's counting the hours until you go to sleep...
This entry was posted on Friday, June 12, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On June 15, 2009 at 8:31 AM , Belgian-Mom said...

Once again I find my vast knowledge of useless information has relevance here. An episode of Mythbusters covered this very topic. Here is the conclusion:

Myth: A goldfish’s memory lasts only three seconds.

Result: Busted

Jamie trained his goldfish to recognize color patterns and complete an obstacle course under water. They remembered what Jamie had taught them over a month later and easily completed the same course without Jamie’s prompting.

 
On June 15, 2009 at 5:30 PM , eventer79 said...

Dang! I missed that episode, that is so cool!