Sh-"heron" The Morning
Thursday, July 02, 2009 | Author: eventer79
As usual, time is nonexistent during field season, but I wanted to share a couple images from this week in the river. We were searching for freshwater mussels below a large hydropower dam. Local birdlife has learned that when the dam is turned off in the mornings, water is low and food is abundant and pickings are easy. Great blue herons gather by the handful and sort through the water willow for tasty treats stranded by low water. I wish I had had my proper camera with me, but these shots from our little work camera will have to do. Click on the image for a full-size view.


This entry was posted on Thursday, July 02, 2009 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On July 3, 2009 at 8:49 PM , lifeshighway said...

Great photo of the flock or herons.... terrible pun.